Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Take a Deep Breath...


Oh my goodness. I thought I had my P4|exhibition at the Visual Arts Center under control, but July 9 is coming fast and I am having a minor panic attack. Although the majority of work is framed, I still have two canvas paintings to finish, and 4-5 drawings to frame--which means cutting mats and glass. (I anticipate a few bad words will be spewed...)
My studio mate Ray Hershberger had a fabulous opening this past Friday: a one man show with three times the work and one-quarter of the artists, so I will take that success as a good omen by association.
I also took self-promotion upon myself and had postcards and posters printed that feature my art! There has been a lot of positive feedback, and although the show is the same night as the d'Art Center's "Chair Redone" opening, I hope to get the overflow to take the ferry over after the Center's festivities end. Sadly, my volunteer and staff friends probably won't be able to get away in time. Hurry the beer-tasters out early, my friends. I will miss you~

No comments:

Post a Comment