Monday, May 9, 2011

Melbourne - Our Home on the Bay: Australian Impressionists

My cousin Leon recently wrote that he wanted to introduce me to some Australian artists. I was thrilled at the vision of having a true Australian picnic with Thai takeaway, some lively conversation, and lots of red Aussie wine. However, the introductions were to include Impressionists from the late 19th century, who incredibly painted on the beach next to another cousin's home in Mentone.
So while dreams of sharing a few gallery exhibitions with family friends fade, I was very pleased to expand my knowledge of the arts from Down Under. Leon, I am still very interested to any introductions that include "live" artists from Melbs, Oz, or Paris!

Melbourne - Our Home on the Bay: Australian Impressionists

No comments:

Post a Comment