Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Endings & Beginnings

Only four more days for my P|4 Show at the Visual Arts Center in Historic Olde Towne Portsmouth. 340 High Street, Portsmouth, Virginia. By Friday, I will be packing the Expedition with paintings and filling up the home studio. I will take a few days to decide what stays there and what goes into Studio 116 at 208 East Main Street, Norfolk, VA.

Virginia Artists 2010 ends a couple days after that. Luckily, I can deliver the two new paintings for "Portrait of the Artist" to the Charles H. Taylor Art Center when I pick up the Virginia Artists entry. "Portrait" September 4- October 17, 2010. Opening Reception, September 3, 2010. 4205 Victoria
Boulevard, Hampton, Virginia

Painted Violins! I am really excited about my violin. After weeks of mulling over an idea, I decided on a multi-level conceptual theme for my violin. This is to benefit the Virginia Beach Symphony and will be a part of a travelling exhibition. Calendars and posters of the 24 violins will also be available for purchase. Opening reception October 3, 2010 at the Sandler Center, Town Center, Virginia Beach, Virginia

October will also be my one-man exhibition at the Meyera Oberndorf Central Library's Art Gallery in Virginia Beach. 4100 Virginia Beach Boulevard, Virginia Beach, VA. The show runs from October 1-31, 2010.

One of my small paintings was also selected for the prestigious Peninsula Fine Arts Biennial 2010 Show. Juror Richard Hunt, Sculptor, Chicago, chose my painting, "Mister Charles," to be a part of the exhibition. October 2, 2010-January 2, 2011. Opening Reception and Awards, Friday, October 1, 2010. 101 Museum Drive, Newport News, Virginia.

2 comments: