Monday, August 30, 2010

Portrait of the Artist at the Charles H Taylor Art Center

Paintings are delivered! Both images are from my amazing trip to Oz. First stop: Sydney. I took so many photos of friends and family that some of the world's most amazing landmarks were behind me. My patient travelling companions came to accept my constant photo sessions; new found family members easily recognized me as the blonde behind the camera. (Sydney Self Portrait November 2009, oil on canvas.)

With encouraging words from my Australian Navy cousin, I took SCUBA lessons at the local dive center. My first dives after completing my certification in Virginia Beach were in the Coral Sea off Agincort Reef. The light at the 80 foot dives was great for the experience, but not so great for my camera. It was, however,perfect for capturing a moment of relaxing snorkeling between dives at Turtle Bommie! (Between Dives, oil on canvas.)

1 comment:

  1. How proud to have been certified by a former member of SEAL Team 6!! We are so proud that Virginia Beach is home to one of two SEAL Team ops in the country.

    ReplyDelete